Lake Garda & The Dolomites
Photography Holiday April 27th – May 1st
Are you looking for a fun packed, guided Italian photography holiday, jammed with stunning vistas, fantastic panoramas, quaint lakeshore villages and the majestic Dolomites mountain range? If so, join us on this 4 night photo adventure where we will explore the quintessential towns and villages of Lake Garda, before heading up into the rugged mountains of northern Italy.
Start your journey by settling into the base town of Riva Del Grada, which is surrounded by lush green hills and an enchanting mountain backdrop. From there you will meander through the small picturesque cobblestone towns of Limone and Malcesine with your camera while shooting from the hip, and all under the expert tuition of the Dublin Photography School tutors.
Through the tour you will sharpen your landscape photography skills by learning to use filters to capture stunning sunsets and soft misty waters.
Spend a day and night traversing the breathtaking peaks and valleys of the Dolomites while improving your composition skills and getting the most out of your equipment.
Discover all the charms that Italy has to offer whilst enjoying amazing Italian cuisine, wines and of course culture.
What Can I Expect to Learn on a TD active & Dublin Photography School Holiday?
All of the holidays cover a huge range of photography genres, photography techniques and photography principals. While each location is different, with it’s owns unique challenges and photography opportunities, some areas that are covered are as follows:
- Improving compositions
- Using circular polarising filters
- Using ND & ND Grad filters
- Using tripods
- Shooting free hand
- Mastering semi automatic modes like S/TV & A/AV
- When not to use ‘Manual’ or M mode
- Using exposure value compensation
- Low light photography
- Night photography
- Long exposure photography
- Mastering shutter speeds
- Mastering aperture & Depth of Field
- Improving street photography
- Using your camera as an exploration tool
- Understanding lenses – Prime/ Zoom/ Telephoto
- Improving landscape photography
- Introduction to visual metaphors & semiotics
- Mastering ISO – the when & where to change settings